Frequently Asked Questions
Downloading/Installing1. Will the installer install any toolbars, malware, or other third-party applications?
2. How do I download and install a program?
3. When installing, I get an error stating that the installer is corrupt.
4. How is the software updated?
5. When I install a new version over an old one, the installer reports that an .EXE file could not be overwritten.
6. How should I install a program to a new location or machine?
8. Can I install the program on a network drive?
9. Can the installation program be run from a network location?
10. How do I uninstall the software?
11. My anti-virus software says that the installer may be infected.
12. How do I install the software on a computer with dual-boot operating systems?
13. Where do I download the Retail Edition?
14. I'm having trouble downloading a program.
Licensing/Product Activation1. How do I purchase a license?
2. How long does it take to get my License ID?
3. Do I have to use the online order form?
4. How much do upgrades cost?
5. When logging in as a different user, the activation status is lost.
6. Can I pay by a bank wire transfer?
7. Can I fax my credit card number instead of using an online form?
8. Can we be invoiced for a license?
9. Can I order a license by telephone?
10. Are site licenses available?
11. Is a competitive upgrade offered?
12. Is a physical product shipped?
13. Where do I enter the License ID?
14. Can the software be activated on more than one machine?
15. When activating the product, it fails to connect.
16. How do I perform offline activation?
17. Is there any penalty for skipping updates?
19. I lost the License ID. What now?
20. Do you accept purchase orders?
User Interface1. How do I use the System‑G user interface?
2. All the text is too big (or small)! Controls are getting chopped off!
3. The interface looks bad.
4. Why doesn't System‑G import my color settings?
5. Is there a help file for System‑G?
6. I messed up the skin and now cannot read text in the interface.
7. Clicking the mouse doesn't always seem to register.
8. Pasting doesn't work.
Miscellaneous1. Can I pay to have a feature added?
2. Gammadyne doesn't seem to be receiving my email.
3. Where should I send suggestions for improvements?
4. Can I get a physical copy of the documentation?
5. Are PAD files available for Gammadyne's programs?
6. Does Gammadyne have a reseller/referral/affiliate program?
7. Can I distribute the trial download?
8. How do I capture a screenshot?
9. How about a link exchange?
10. How can I get an old version of a program?
11. How do I inform Gammadyne that my email address has changed?
12. Why did the program revert back to trial mode?
13. An Illegal Operation is occurring.
14. None of the email hyperlinks are appearing on the website.
15. Why do I not receive notifications of program updates?
16. What happened to Self-Extracting Archive Utility?
17. What happened to File Substring Replacement Utility?
18. Is there an online manual?
We also have support pages for specific programs:
If you still can't solve the problem, you may contact our technical support department. However, please be aware of the following:
- Email support is unlimited and free. Telephone support must be approved and scheduled in advance.
- Technical support can assist with the software's configuration, but within limits. Sometimes configuration requires intimate knowledge of your business and may necessitate a Systems Analyst.
- Technical support is staffed Monday through Friday, 10:00am - 6:00pm Central Time (GMT-6:00). Of course, you can send us email any time.
Click here to send an email to Gammadyne Technical Support. We value your feedback and appreciate your interest in our software!
unethical and abusive to users. It hurts the entire software industry, casting a dark shadow over legitimate and honorable developers like Gammadyne.
To download a program, click here and click the appropriate "Download" link. In Internet Explorer, the following window will appear:
Click the "Run" button. The file will begin to download. When it finishes, a window like this will appear:
Click the "Run" button to start the installation.
The installers are very simple. The only decision is where on the hard drive the program should be installed. We recommend using the default location.
- Newer versions may be installed over old versions without uninstalling first.
- Project files are always compatible across all versions.
- Installing to a network location is not permitted, although the installer can be run from the network.
- Each installer is completely self-contained. Installers are always the complete product, there are no patches.
The most common cause of this is a faulty download. Delete the downloaded file (so that the browser does not cache it), then re-download it.
Another possible cause is a virus. Viruses modify executable files when infecting them, which in turn can cause the installer to report that it is corrupt. Please check your system for viruses.
download the new version from our website, and install it over the old version. For minor upgrades (such as 1.0 to 1.1), the upgrade is free and the product will remain activated. For major upgrades (such as 1.0 to 2.0), the software will require reactivation. Open the Help menu, choose "Product Activation", enter your License ID, and click "Activate". This will consume one activation from your account. If all activations are used up, please purchase another license here.
5. When I install a new version over an old one, the installer reports that an .EXE file could not be overwritten.This is almost always caused because the application is still running. The installer will replace the file during the next reboot.
Once moved, the software must be activated with your License ID. This will consume one activation from your license. If all activations are used up, please purchase a new license here.
If you are uninstalling our software because it contains bugs or did not meet your needs, please tell us.
If you are certain that it is infected, please let us know.
Go here, enter your License ID, and click the Submit button. The download should begin within a couple of seconds. The download is an executable installer for the software. Simply open the file to begin installation.
contact our tech support.
It may help to clear the browser's cache, or to try a different browser. Holding down the Shift key while clicking the hyperlink may bypass the cache. In Firefox, go to the Tools menu and choose Clear Private Data. Uncheck all boxes except "Cache". Click "Clear private data now". In Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu, choose Internet Options, click the "Delete Files..." button, check the "Delete all offline content" box, and click OK.
If the connection is being dropped consistently during the download, you will have to contact your ISP or phone company. Note: Connection Keeper will not help in this situation. Connection Keeper only makes your connection appear active, which is not a problem during a download.
ordering page and click on the appropriate "Purchase" link. This will open the ordering form where you can enter your details and credit card information. Once the credit card is processed, you will receive a License ID by email (along with instructions).
These and other details are listed on our ordering page.
Overland Park, KS 66212
- Be sure to tell us your email address and what product you are ordering.
- Money orders and checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank.
- More information about policy and licensing can be found here.
- It is perfectly okay to skip upgrades.
- Upgrading will never consume more than one activation.
- If the license has no more activations remaining, please purchase a new one here.
|CSV Editor Pro||act10035.dat|
|Random Word Gen.||act10002.dat|
Go here for more information.
ordering page for details.
downloaded from this website, eliminating the need for a disk. After placing an order, you will receive a License ID that can be entered on the product activation window to unlock the full functionality of the program.
This product activation system provides the quickest access to the full version, and helps keep our prices low. Since we regularly update the software, the value of having a disk is minimal.
- Firewall software
- Norton Internet Security
- Microsoft's built-in firewall (Control Panel > Windows Firewall)
- Router's built-in firewall
- Using a proxy server that is not configured in Internet Explorer
Please disable all firewalls and try again. If using a proxy server, make sure that Internet Explorer is configured to traverse it.
If all else fails, please use the Offline Product Activation feature instead.
Please follow this procedure:
- Choose "Product Activation" from the Help menu.
- Enter your License ID.
- Click the "Offline Activation" icon. The Offline Activation window will appear.
- Click the "Copy" button next to the Email Address field. This will copy the email address to the clipboard.
- Open your email client and compose a new message. Paste the email address in the To: field (Ctrl+V).
- Return to the Offline Activation window.
- Click the "Copy" button next to the Request Code field.
- Return to the email client. Paste the request code into the Subject: field.
- Send the email.
- Within 3 minutes, an auto-response should arrive. If it does not, please check your spam filter.
- The auto-response will contain instructions. In summary, you need to reply to the auto-response. This step is necessary to confirm that you can receive email from us before an activation is consumed from the license.
- After you reply to the first auto-response, within 3 minutes you will receive a second auto-response.
- View the attachments of the second auto-response. The product activation certificate is attached to the email. Save the attachment to the directory where the program is installed.
- Restart the program and use the About window to verify that it is now activated.
If Offline Activation fails, feel free to contact us.
If your email address has changed, it is necessary to contact support.
Overland Park, KS 66212
Make sure the purchase order includes your email address so that we can send you the License ID.
- The first thing you should do is press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F5 to reset all interface settings to the default. This can clear up certain problems.
- Tap the F11 and F12 keys until the font size is right.
- There are various color schemes (called "Skins") that can be selected from the Interface menu on the Skins sub-menu.
- For LCD monitors, the "ClearType" font feature should be enabled. This is located here: Control Panel > Display > Adjust ClearType Text
- The monitor should be set to its native resolution - which means the resolution matches the number of physical pixels. ClearType fonts do not appear correctly without this. This is usually the highest resolution supported by the monitor.
- The monitor should be set to 32-bit color. Use a screen height and width that is identical to the monitor's number of physical pixels.
- Individual interface settings can be changed in the "Configuration Editor" (located on the Interface menu). Press F1 in this window to view the help file.
- Maximize the window so that controls have more room.
- Windows XP users should install the Calibri font. To obtain the font for free, install PowerPoint Viewer 2007. System‑G help files will use the font immediately, but the skin will not use the font unless it is changed in the Configuration Editor.
- Install the latest version of the software. System‑G is undergoing continuous improvements.
If you would like to email a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org we would be happy to help you configure the interface for optimal appearance.
An entire color scheme (called a "Skin") can be selected from the Interface menu on the Skins sub-menu. The color settings can be edited by choosing "Configuration Editor" from the Interface menu.
contact us with a brief description of the feature, and we'll let you know what it might cost.
We take all suggestions seriously, although we cannot guarantee they will be implemented. We do add custom features for a fee. Inquire with our technical support staff.
Click here to send a request for improvements. Or choose "Send Feedback" from the Help menu.
|CSV Editor Pro||http://www.gammadyne.com/pad10035.xml|
|Random Word Generator||http://www.gammadyne.com/pad_rwg.xml|
CSV Editor Pro
Random Word Generator
Under the following conditions:
1. You may only distribute the original, unmodified installation file (download it from the program's home page). However, you are permitted to rename the file.
2. You must not represent that you own the software or that it is free.
3. The Retail Edition must never be distributed.
4. You must not represent that the software is fully functional (i.e. without trial limitations).
5. You must not provide a License ID for the software.
The last two conditions do not apply to our freeware programs.
The hotkey for screenshots is Ctrl+Alt+F5. However, this only works in System‑G windows.
contact us. If we can't resolve the problem quickly, we will email the old version to you.
Click here to send us an email telling us your old and new email address. We'll change our records as soon as possible and email you back when it is done.
- If the activation certificate is deleted or becomes inaccessible due to security settings.
- The program is moved to a different hard drive.
- The program is uninstalled, then reinstalled.
- A major upgrade (x.0) is installed.
- Logging in as a different user that does not have admin rights, or when Vista's UAC feature is enabled.
Except for the security problem (which needs to be fixed), it will be necessary to reactivate the software. Sorry, but the activation is non-refundable.
- Our software is not supported on any Mac or Linux operating system.
- If you have similar problems with other programs, then the problem is probably with your system. The most likely causes are overheating and faulty RAM.
- If the crash occurs during a database operation, it may help to delete and recreate the data source (in ODBC Administrator).
- If the crash is occurring in UFILTER.DLL then you need to update (or uninstall) Vcom SystemSuite.
- Checking for viruses would be prudent.
If the problem does seem to be a bug in our software, please report it to us. If a window offers to send us the crash details, please comply. From this information, we can often diagnose and fix the problem. We often provide patched versions to those that report such problems.
Note: we no longer send update notices to AOL because the high percentage of undeliverables will cause AOL to blacklist us.
To view the help file, launch the software, then press the F1 key or choose "Help" from the "Help" menu.