Connection Keeper Support
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Connection Keeper need to be running?
2. When running the program for the first time, I get an error message regarding WININET.DLL or SHLWAPI.DLL.
3. I'm still getting disconnected. Help!
4. Multiple dial-up windows are appearing.
5. The popup killer is not working.
6. My hard drive light blinks briefly every couple of seconds.
7. Connection Keeper does not automatically redial.
8. In Connection Keeper, when I check the 'Report Errors' box, errors are reported.
9. My ISP is always asking if I want to disconnect. Connection Keeper does not help.
10. Does Connection Keeper work with AOL?
11. I can't even stay connected long enough to download Connection Keeper.
13. How do I edit my dial-up settings?
14. The reported Connection Status is not accurate.
15. How can I get Connection Keeper to start when the computer boots up?
16. Connection Keeper's caption and taskbar button have no text.
If you still can't solve the problem, you may contact our technical support department. However, please be aware of the following:
- Email support is unlimited and free. Telephone support must be approved and scheduled in advance.
- Technical support can assist with the software's configuration, but within limits. Sometimes configuration requires intimate knowledge of your business and may necessitate a Systems Analyst.
- Technical support is staffed Monday through Friday, 10:00am - 6:00pm Central Time (GMT-6:00). Of course, you can send us email any time.
Click here to send an email to Gammadyne Technical Support. We value your feedback and appreciate your interest in our software!
2. When running the program for the first time, I get an error message regarding WININET.DLL or SHLWAPI.DLL.This problem is caused by having an obsolete version of WININET.DLL. This can be fixed by installing the latest version of Internet Explorer. Even if Internet Explorer is not your browser of choice, it will install an up-to-date version of these DLL's.
You should also be aware that everyone gets disconnected from time to time, usually the result of a bad telephone connection. Connection Keeper can only make the connection appear active, it cannot improve the quality of the connection.
To fix the problem, go into Device Manager and bring up the properties for your CD-ROM drive. Uncheck the "Auto insert notification" box. You will need to reboot your machine. Note: do not disable Auto Insert Notification if you are running Adaptec Direct CD.
1. Your Internet settings might be preventing Connection Keeper from redialing. In Control Panel, go to "Internet Settings". On the "Connections" folder, make sure that "Never dial a connection" is not checked.
2. Connection Keeper uses WININET.DLL (an operating system library) when communicating with the internet. Installing the latest version of Internet Explorer sometimes helps this problem, especially when you have multiple dial-up accounts.
Old versions of WININET.DLL were a bit flaky. Make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed, even if this is not your browser of choice.
Another common problem occurs when another program installs an out-of-date version of WININET.DLL. If Connection Keeper was working earlier, this is most likely the cause. Reinstalling Internet Explorer will fix the problem.
To program the popup killer, go to the Popup folder in Connection Keeper. Click the add button, and enter the title of the window you want to automatically close. Then, press the right arrow and enter the exact text of the button that needs to be clicked on. If one of the letters of the button text is underlined, you will need to put an ampersand (&) before that character. The help file describes this process in more detail.
Query Interval - 2 Minutes
Query Mode - Random URL
Read Entire Page
For the popup killer, use the text "Do you wish to continue to stay online" for the Window Caption. Leave the Window Class and Button Text blank.
1. Run File Explorer (press Win+E).
2. Go to "Dial-up Networking".
3. Right click on your dial-up connection.
4. Select "Properties".
If you have enabled "Auto-reconnect", then Connection Keeper will not only start at bootup, but it will also start the dial-up process. Otherwise, it will wait patiently until you connect, and then automatically begin working.